My client is looking to employ an experienced Cyber Security Governance professional to carry out a pivotal role leading and co-ordinating the cyber security governance and compliance agenda within an enterprise environment.
This a remote role but my Essex based client will want to see you on site a few times during the contract, so an infrequent commute to Essex will need to be possible for you.
As well as the attention to detail, eagle-eye on compliance issues and superb ability to plan, organise, negotiate and spin plates (under pressure, naturally!), you will also be an excellent communicator and unafraid to espouse alternative views, negotiate, influence and propose change. Your role will be to stay abreast of the ever changing landscape of cyber security and to lead the overall co-ordination of all cyber security governance services within my client’s environment.
- An understanding of the standards that are applied to the protection of personal information
- In-depth knowledge of the fundamentals surrounding cyber security
- Experience and knowledge of the Cyber Assurance Framework (CAF)
- Experience and knowledge of the Data Security Protection Toolkit
- Excellent understanding of the management and transformation of services
- In-depth knowledge of the fundamentals surrounding Cyber security or governance/compliance controls and practices, and their application.
- Significant experience of protective monitoring and security incident management
- Practical experience within ITSM and ITIL best practices
Duties will include:
- Lead the overall coordination for the delivery of all cyber security governance services
- Lead on the annual cyber security policy and procedure lifecycle from development through to review and approval. Working closely with the cyber security operational and technical functions to ensure all the relevant processes are captured and aligned to governance/legislative requirements
- Annual penetration test / health check programme.
- Support the delivery of security testing for infrastructure, systems and applications, including analysing and interpreting test findings and ensuring delivery of remediation,
- Work closely with other functions to support a programme of work to “level up” the maturity against the Cyber Assurance Framework (CAF) and other assurance frameworks where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain the cyber incident response plan and processes
- Lead for cyber security governance management of suppliers
- Ensuring that the cyber security governance and security controls and procedures meet the requirements of the Data Security & Protection Toolkit
- Review and analyse complex security risk management problems
- Escalation point for raising cyber security risks and issues identified through compliance and assurance processes
- Monitor, report on and proactively suggest improvements to the levels and processes of cyber security protection
- Produce cyber reports to senior stakeholders
This is a newly created, interim role that will be available whilst a permanent resource is being sought.
If you are an experienced cyber security governance manager with excellent service delivery experience and network security knowledge who is looking to work in a collaborative environment, then we would love to hear from you. To find out more about this position, please contact Keith Wilkins or send your CV for review to [email protected]
Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our specialist team and it does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
Service Desk Institute (SDR)/Avocet Strategic Resourcing is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.