You will be an integral part of a specialist technical team, personally responsible for delivering key elements of a managed support service for a high-profile client. The role will provide an opportunity to build on your strong technical background and to obtain practical experience of innovative IT solutions and services.
Including but not limited to:-
- To get acquainted with the general structure of the Company and understand the way the business functions.
- Provide 2nd line “deskside” technical support to customers on a variety of devices, systems and technologies, with elements of 1st line support also required via a “Tech Hub” facility.
- Perform visits to sites throughout mainland UK to resolve technical issues and ensure end user satisfaction levels remain high
- Support with the client requirements to refresh existing Windows 7 devices with Windows 10 devices across various sites, including build, set-up and decommission of kit
- Provide onsite network support and troubleshooting under the guidance of the network manager
- Manage the incident and request queues for EUC, sharing workload amongst the team.
- Create and maintain high quality technical documentation and provide accurate customer specific reports.
- Meet the specific SLA’s and KPI’s relating to the services provided with support from the Technical Delivery Manager and Service Delivery Manager
- Role will report into the Service Delivery Manager and Technical Delivery Manager
- Support the Senior Management team in achieving their objectives.
- To maintain a sound knowledge and understanding of all technologies relating to the role.
- Adherence to contractual obligations with customers and third parties as well as legislation.
- There will be a requirement to travel to other client sites (Birmingham and London two main HQ locations).
Essential Experience/Technical Requirements
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Window 7 and 10 desktop operating systems.
- Basic understanding and experience of managing Microsoft Active Directory.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft server operating systems.
- An understanding and appreciation of application and OS deployment mechanisms.
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Must have experience in a second line technical support environment.
- Proven technical experience and ability to troubleshoot and resolve customer technical issues
- Excellent ticket management
Desirable Experience/Technical Requirements
- Knowledge of Cloud storage solutions, Sharepoint, Box, etc.
- Agile working environment experience.
- Working knowledge of VMware desktop virtualisation technologies.
- Achieved, or be working towards, an MCSE.
- MCITP qualification in Windows 10 Desktop Administration.
- Experience of Mac OS and iOS devices.
- Experience of supporting Android and iOS devices, both mobile phones and tablets
- Experience of creating high quality technical documentation.
- Be excited at the prospect of joining and helping grow a small but ambitious company.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a small team.
- Demonstrate a positive “can do” attitude in all situations.
- Communicate effectively at all levels and present ideas clearly.
- Create partnerships and alliances.
- Build an environment of mutual respect and trust.
- Employ a team approach; recognise the balance of collaborating, leading and following.
- Take calculated risks; show courage and tenacity when faced with opposition.
- Plan, prioritise and focus on critical tasks.
- Remain flexible and positive during the continuing development of the company’s business.
- Celebrate achievements for self and others.
- Birthday day off
- £50 Birthday Voucher
- Purchase of additional annual leave (salary sacrifice)
- Recruitment Referral Incentive (£500 reward for recommending a friend- T’s & C’s apply)
- Expensed eye tests
- Expensed flu vaccinations for onsite workers
- All or part expensed contribution to home workers additional equipment – including company phone or expenses contribution
- Seasonal ‘Thank you’ gifts
- Paternity Pay – 2 weeks leave full pay out of probation period
- Maternity Pay – with 2 years service
4 weeks at 100% of average weekly earnings (inclusive of SMP)6 weeks at 90% of average weekly earnings (inclusive of SMP) 4 weeks at 50% of average weekly earnings (inclusive of SMP) 25 weeks at the relevant SMP rate or 90% of average weekly earnings, whichever is lower.
Applicants can visit Spherica’s Career Page to apply – here