My Portsmouth, Hampshire based client operates a busy IT service desk and is looking for an additional team member to provide Technical Support, both remotely and deskside.
This is a busy and challenging environment calling for excellent customer service and problem-solving skills alongside solid 2nd line support skills.
The role will be based on-site at the client’s offices in central Portsmouth and so candidates will need to be readily accessible to the City Centre.
- Manage a call queue using ITSM tools
- Handle calls that come into the Service Desk via telephone, email and walk-ins.
- Undertake routine installations and de-installations of items of hardware and/or software
- Identifying and solving complex problems
- Hardware fixes
- Technical problem resolution; or, escalation where appropriate
- Update the CMDB
- Application support
- Continual service improvement
- Participate in the rota for the desktop call monitor
- Create and update documentation as required
- Supporting remote users
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7, 8.1 and 10)
- Microsoft Office (current versions)
- Hardware troubleshooting, repair and/or support
- Hardware and software installation
- Application Support
- Desktop Support – 1st & 2nd line
- Windows Administration (Active Directory)
- Report writing and record-keeping
- Systems Administration
- Configuration Management
- Problem Management
- A+ Certification or equivalent knowledge
- A relevant Microsoft Certification or equivalent experience
- Working to standards of best practice
- Delivering outcomes in a high-pressure environment
To fulfil this role, you will be innovative and creative and thrive on solving complex problems. This is an initial 2-month contract with a possible extension available. For further information and an initial discussion please call Keith Wilkins today or send your CV for review to [email protected].
Avocet Strategic Resourcing/SDR is acting as an employment agency regarding this role. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our team – Avocet Strategic Resourcing does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role