We are a national law firm offering a unique collection of specialisms across the commercial, public, health and insurance sectors, with offices in Birmingham, Exeter, London, Manchester and Nottingham. We have longstanding relationships with an impressive range of clients and aim to truly understand their needs to deliver an exceptional service which exceeds their expectations and makes their life easier.
Purpose of the role
To provide 1st line support on an award winning service desk to over 900 firm colleagues working within our 5 office locations or offsite, by answering incoming phone calls, responding to e-mails and ‘in person’ requests; ensuring these are logged in our ticketing system as appropriate.
As the 1st tier of support within our IT team, you are the ‘face of IT’ to our colleagues and clients, therefore it is vital that a professional, positive demeanour is upheld at all times.
- Remote diagnosis and resolution of incidents and service requests, including escalation to the appropriate internal team where the incident / service request cannot be resolved at 1st line
- Accurately capture information when logging an incident or a service request, ensuring that troubleshooting steps are detailed and that >95% of logged incidents and service requests meet our internal quality checking criteria
- Ensure all IT issues raised via various incoming channels (E.G. Via phone, email or our self-service portal) are logged as an incident or service request as appropriate within our ticketing system
- Ensuring all incoming calls are answered within 15 seconds or less and that our abandoned call rate remains at <5%
- Create and maintain IT support documentation within the team’s ‘123 knowledge base’
- Responsible for the administration of network accounts for our firm colleagues in line with our internal IT policies and procedures, including the setup, maintenance and deactivation of accounts
- Responsible for the setup of iPhones for new firm employees, setting them up in accordance with our internal policies and within SLA
- Any other duties as required, commensurate with the level of the post
- An excellent team player, with a proven track record of delivering high quality 1st line support
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good organisational skills and time management
- Experience of working within a legal organisation IT service desk or customer service desk in a ITIL environment
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to adapt to change
- Experience of user account administration within Active Directory and Exchange 2010
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10 Enterprise environments
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 (including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
- Good experience of Skype for Business desktop and mobile applications
- High knowledge of iPhone hardware and software, including Mobile Iron
- Knowledge of the FileSite document management system would be advantageous
- Exceptional attention to detail, ensuring accuracy in all communications
- A basic understanding of legal applications such as Visual Files would be useful
- Hold an ITIL foundation v3 qualification (this is advantageous, but is not essential as training would be provided).
The IT support desk operates a shift system covering between 7.00am and 5.30pm. Weekend and out of hours working may be required in support of project implementations or office moves etc. Travel to our other offices may also be required on an adhoc basis