PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To work as part of the IT Service Team delivering the highest quality of IT Customer Service to Addleshaw Goddard’s internal customers. Being the first point of contact and to encourage and foster a first-time fix mentality wherever possible. The role requires a good level of diagnostics and investigative skills, as well as the ability to triage within AG’s ITSM toolset engaging and working with other IT Support functions, sharing detail and analysis.
Significantly, the role is primarily to support the IT Service Desk Manager with the day to day running of the Service Desk team, taking on responsibility for the entire Service Desk when the SD Manager is unavailable. The role also includes the day-to-day management and leadership of the Tier 1 Service Desk analysts, who report into the Service Desk Manager. Focussing on their career development, individual and collective SLA and KPI attainment as well as coaching and mentoring.
The role is based in Leeds but from time to time, it will be necessary to work from other offices. The role will cover 35 hours per week and will form part of a full team rota supporting core AG business hours. Flexibility is key and as a result there will also be an opportunity to be part of an on-call rota (which attracts additional remuneration), that provides support twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, three hundred and sixty-five days a year (including UK and International Bank Holidays) to the business.
Your duties will include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Service Team.
- Managing rotas to ensure the right level of resource is always in place.
- Motivating the team to maximise their individual and team performance.
- Ensuring processes and procedures are followed and are up to date and reviewed when necessary.
- Championing excellent customer service in all interactions with customers.
- Provide good quality triage to all calls. If escalation is needed, you will be responsible for providing good quality documentation of the work done to provide the escalation teams with the necessary information needed for further investigation.
- To ensure all team members are using the ITSM software to record the details of all calls, enter updates, track status and resolution.
- To assist the Service Desk Manager in addressing customer escalations and monthly reporting.
- Direct support for the Service Desk Manager in their absence. Managing sickness, lateness, and shift resource, and to act as a point of contact for the Service Desk and other support teams.
- Provide new starter training, awareness sessions, and identify training and coaching requirements for the Service Desk team.
- Monitor inbound calls, support analysts in service resolution and intervene in difficult calls. To manage availability and coach analysts daily
- Partaking in Continual Service Improvement activities, by proactively and retrospectively identifying service improvement opportunities.
- To take an active part, from time to time, in “ad-hoc” projects with regards to the firm’s strategy. This will necessitate attending appropriate meetings and carrying out some of this work outside core hours.
- Stakeholder management of key contacts within IT and the wider business.
- Responsible for following IT processes and seeking to improve those processes where appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (BESPOKE TO ROLE)
- An innovative approach, with creative thinking and to be open to new ideas
- A proven team player who can work closely and effectively with colleagues on the Service Desk to ensure the rapid and correct resolution of IT challenges.
- 2+ years relevant role experience (Team Lead, etc), in a professional IT service support environment
- Proven ability to manage all aspects of team performance, with support from the IT Service Desk Manager when required.
- An ability to coach team members and work with them to develop enhanced individual and team performance.
- Ability to evidence strong stakeholder management experience.
- A passion and proven track record for delivering exceptional customer service, to customers and colleagues alike.
- Excellent timekeeping as the shift-based working of the Service Desk team demands self-motivation and high personal standards to provide a seamless service to both internal and external clients.
- A professional appearance reflective of the nature of the firm is essential at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task & prioritise
- Demonstrable ability to think around issues and look at the wider picture in order to provide solutions through a variety of problem-solving techniques
- Sound knowledge and experience of supporting a range of IT applications, platforms and technologies such as Windows 10, Exchange Online, MS Office 2016 & O365 suite applications, and Azure AD.
- Experience and good technical knowledge of supporting iOS devices and Mobile Device Management platforms (Intune)
- Experience and awareness of legal technologies such as Document Management Systems is highly desirable.
It is important to us that we provide a positive working experience to everyone who works here and our focus on financial, lifestyle and wellbeing benefits ensures that this experience goes beyond the nine-to-five. As an employee at AG you will benefit from a flexible and agile culture. As part of this mission, some of the benefits employees of AG can expect are;
- Life Assurance & Income Protection
- Competitive employer matched pension contribution rate
- Health and wellbeing subsidiary, up to £180 per year
- One day per year to volunteer (as part of our CSR initiative)
- Buy/Sell holidays (up to 5 days each year)
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives such as The Mindful Business Charter, Mental Health Champions and 1:1 sessions with an in-house professional
- Talent referral bonus incentives
- AG Excellence awards for the recognition of exceptional effort
- Opt in private medical and private dental insurance
- Opt in annual health screening
- Voluntary critical illness cover
- Annual discretionary bonus plan