Element has an opportunity for a PC Build Engineer on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. As part of the Edinburgh Service Desk Team this role will be to order, build and ship new and replacement laptops, desktops, peripherals and mobile devices to our colleagues throughout Europe.
- Receive and prioritize service requests through Service Now
- Liaise with Vendors to receive equipment and software to fulfill requirements
- Place approved orders with Vendors
- Receive and build kit to agreed standards
- Create new start accounts using Active Directory & Exchange
- Ship kit to schedule
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience within PC, Laptop Builds
- Experience with Active Directory and Exchange
- Experience working in a fast-paced IT department, working to tight deadline
- Windows 7, Windows 10, Internet Explorer and MS Office package installation and troubleshooting
- General networking (TCP/IP) knowledge and troubleshooting
- Knowledge and experience with the following technologies; Sophos Antivirus (Including Intercept X), Symantec Backup Exec, SCCM, Symantec Ghost / other imaging solutions, Active Directory, Exchange
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to multi task whilst delivering a first class customer experience
- Logical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (by phone, email and face to face)
- Someone who enjoys working in a team and sharing knowledge
Element is the best and most trusted testing partner in the world providing high value, critical services to the Aerospace, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Fire & Building Products and Infrastructure & Environmental sectors, where failure is not an option.
Our purpose is a simple one. We make certain that all of the materials, products and devices we test, inspect and certify for our customers are always safe in their end application; are of marketable quality; are compliant with all relevant industry standards and regulations and are ultimately fit for purpose.
Element’s expanded network of over 6,000 Engaged Experts are trusted by organizations to test and advise on the safety, quality, performance and compliance of their products, systems and operations.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.