It’s not often that we can say our client is offering an onsite art gallery, museum, botanical gardens, swimming pool and shops – but this is exactly what we have on offer! Couple this with 40 days of paid holiday and subsidised onsite childcare, you can really appreciate how this is an employer of choice; encouraging a diverse workforce with family-friendly policies and an exemplary approach to achieving a work-life balance and offering a variety of flexible working arrangements.
It’s simple – people are at the heart of what they are and what they do.
Senior IT Support Technicians play a key role in providing 2nd line remote support to users – resolving a high percentage of queries without escalating or liaising with 3rd level technical teams to restore service.
- Providing second-line IT support to all internal users and visitors, via all of the Service Desk’s supported contact methods – troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving a wide range of software issues on desktops and laptops
- Connecting to PCs and Macs using remote assistance software and resolving any issues that do not require a personal visit.
- Troubleshooting and installation of software packages
- Using call-logging software to refer appropriate calls to specialist staff, ensuring that users receive responses within acceptable timescales by taking ownership, monitoring and tracking calls through to resolution within the ITIL framework.
- Developing a thorough knowledge of the organisational structure and IT infrastructure of the organisation
- Participating in Incident Management and Problem Management
- Updating the IT Services Status Page and social media feeds
- Managing daily bookings, including scheduling appointments and securely storing computers that have been referred to the Laptop Clinic
You will need the skills and experience to work on your own initiative, to assess problems and judge the appropriate solution, referring to more senior team members for in-depth specialist advice when required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Previous front-line support (ideally backed up with professional qualifications as detailed below) in working on a complex desktop support environment or Service Desk. An MCDST/MCP or other industry-recognised IT qualifications would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and schedule workload in the face of conflicting demands.
- Structured and methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Knowledge of email and email protocols, and of wired and wireless networking protocols.
- Knowledge of security solutions for the protection against and removal of viruses and malware
- Fully conversant with one of the following (with a good working knowledge of the other): Microsoft Windows or Mac OS X
- Good working knowledge of all of the following: Linux, iOS, Android, basic hardware skills, and some exposure to desktop and server administration
- Knowledge of ITIL methodology ideally backed up with a foundation qualification
To find out more about this position, please contact Keith Wilkins or send your CV for review to [email protected]
Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our specialist team and it does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
Service Desk Institute (SDR)/Avocet Strategic Resourcing is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.