Our client has a business built on solid, stable foundations – with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate.
They are committed to reaching net-zero by 2030 and have partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come.
So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed this could be the role for you!
Would you like to work within a collaborative team where your skills and experience can make a difference?
Our client currently has an IT Service Desk Analyst position available for a motivated individual to join our team based in either Exeter or St Austell.
This is a full time, permanent role with a competitive salary starting from £24,483 per annum plus excellent benefits.
About the role:
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual looking to progress their IT career, working with over 100 experienced IT professionals, many whom themselves began their IT career on the Service Desk.
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, you will accurately capture issues and exhaust all options for resolution at the first point of contact, demonstrating empathy and a genuine passion for delivering great IT support service to all of your 3,000 colleagues and Partners.
This position requires a great attitude, good communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to provide first level technical IT support, as well as the ability to research, resolve and escalate IT issues when necessary.
What you will be doing:
- Work with other members of the IT Service Desk on a rota basis to ensure the IT Service Desk is resourced during operational hours, Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
- Log Incidents using ITIL aligned support management processes and tools to ascertain the impact to the user and applying the appropriate priority according to the IT Service Desk Procedure
- Resolve Incidents and Service Requests according to the defined service level agreements (SLAs) and identify opportunities to support continual process improvement
- Provide Identity Management support services, ensuring the resolution of PC access requests are fulfilled in accordance with agreed Information Security practices and processes, providing assurance to Audit functions that access is being granted accurately and responsibly
- Agree next course of action with users, monitoring progress whilst keeping the users up to date with the latest progress in a timely, positive, enthusiastic, professional and courteous manner
- When required, assign Incidents and Service Requests that cannot be resolved at first line to the appropriate internal IT team for resolution (2nd and 3rd line internal IT teams)
- Develop self-help IT support material
- Supporting the activities of the wider IT Service Delivery team if required
What we are looking for:
- Candidates should have a degree (or equivalent) or relevant technical experience. GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths are required, and A-levels in the same subjects are desirable
- Excellent communication skills with a friendly approach to problem solving
- A self-motivated individual who has the ability to work using their own initiative as well as work well in a team
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills with the ability to take responsibility for multiple jobs simultaneously
- Applying a customer-focused approach; taking ownership of tickets, keeping users informed of progress, understanding the business impact, seeking feedback and always striving to improve.
- The ability to think logically with good problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated individual who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Windows 10 and M365 and familiarity with both remote desktop and help desk applications such as SCCM.
- You will have good understanding of Incident/ Service Request/Problem and Change Management processes – preferably to ITIL V3 Foundation standard
What’s in it for you:
Our client is a champion for supporting their staff, with the opportunity for long term careers through further training and development.
They offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Share-save Scheme
- Various health and wellbeing support benefits
- A range of Group Discounts inc Cycle to Work Scheme
- Financial support services – and more!
Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS check as part of the onboarding process.
SDR is acting as an employment agency for this role. Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our specialist team and it does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
SDR is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.