My client is the UK’s market leader and is looking for an experienced Service Desk Manager to lead the Service Desk and move the Desk from “good” to “best practice”.
This role focuses on people and processes: building strong, cohesive teams and applying ITIL best practices across the services. This is a hybrid working position, calling for three days per week in the office.
- Develop and grow a strong service desk team, promoting a culture of knowledge transfer and optimising the skills and diversity of the team
- Drive customer service culture and apply ITIL best practice
- Promote and facilitate continuous learning and drive through performance and improvements
- Foster an environment of continuous service improvement
- Increase the use of the ITSM tool to benefit the business
- Lead in planning, implementation, and production support.
- Coordinate end-user client relationships, while responding to both critical and routine application support requests.
- Assess and evolve service desk KPIs and SLA’s and ensure effective operational practices
- Be the escalation point for client queries – review and rectify issues, liaise with appropriate stakeholders to provide effective solutions
- Ensure that all service desk knowledge articles and processes are thoroughly documented, consistently audited, and regularly improved
- Regularly inform and advise senior management on service desk performance
- Provide ITSM system reports when required and attend leadership meetings
Required skills and experience
- ITIL 4 Foundation Certified
- 5 years of leadership experience in a technical support environment
- Incident management processes and all related activities
- Incidence management
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Practical experience of continuous service improvement
- Proven ability to lead and develop employees both office-based and remote
- Strong reporting and analysis skills
- Ability to work effectively in challenging situations
- Proven decision-making skills and good judgment
We want to hear from you if you are an experienced SDM with a minimum of five years’ service management experience and have a good understanding of how to build cohesive teams to deliver against the service desk specific SLAs and KPIs within the ITIL framework to achieve business-aligned results. To find out more about this position, please contact Keith Wilkins or send your CV for review.
Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our specialist team and it does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
Service Desk Institute (SDR)/Avocet Strategic Resourcing is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.